Back care on your Pilates reformer with Loraine Prokopiou
People are often referred into doing Pilates after they’ve had back pain. Loraine Prokopiou, Physiotherapist & Mbodies Training Academy Pilates Instructor has put together a series of exercises on the Pilates reformer on our YouTube channel, which is a great place to start after you are recovering from your back pain. But if you are going to join in with these exercises, please make sure you check with your health professional first!
- Kneeling Exercises – Back Care On Reformer: WATCH VIDEO
- Feet In Straps – Back Care On Reformer: WATCH VIDEO
- Arms In Straps – Back Care On Reformer: WATCH VIDEO
- Using Long Box – Back Care On Reformer: WATCH VIDEO
- Footwork Exercises – Back Care On Reformer: WATCH VIDEO
About Loraine Prokopiou: Loraine qualified as a physiotherapist in 1995 and became interested in Pilates whilst doing a postgraduate muscle balance course. Loraine is a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and an Advanced Level 3 Instructor on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs). She also has a Master of Science degree in Applied Human Science. Loraine worked for the NHS as an outpatient physiotherapist for 16 years. As well as teaching for Mbodies Training Academy Loraine also now combines physiotherapy and Pilates on a private basis.