Assembly Guide & User Manual
|Watch Assembly Video
Unpacking the Ladder Barrel RC
Please note these assembly instructions are not exhaustive. At all times you are responsible for your own safety.
Please unpack the equipment in a clear, clean & dry environment on a level floor surface.
- Barrel Top
- 2 Side Panels
- Vertical Platform
- Horizontal Platform
- Base Frame
- Bolt Packs
- Rung Wrap
- Long Pole
- 2 Barrel Poles
- 3 Short Poles
- 2 Ladder Uprights
- M8 45mm x 8 units
- M8 30mm x 4 units
- Washer x 48 units
- M8 Nut x14 units
- M8 15mm x 16 units
- M8 90mm x 8 units
- Arc Washer x 2 units
- Allen Key
Take out the side panels and lay on a soft surface to not scratch the wood. Attach the side panels to the barrel top using x 3 M8 45mm bolts washers and nut, ensure a washer is used on each side – the nut goes on the inside of the barrel (Figure 1 & Figure 2). Do not fully tighten the nuts as this will prevent you being able to insert the barrel connecting poles later in the assembly.
To complete the ladder, slide the long pole through the top holes and use x 2 M8 45mm bolts with Loctite and curved washers to screw these into the long pole as shown in Figure 6.The ladder frame can now be attached to the base frame using x 5 M8 15mm bolts & washers on each side. Be sure to align the frame and upright holes. First insert all bolts hand tight and once all in tighten them all with the Allen key provided to secure (Figure 7).
Finally ensure the Ladder Barrel is sitting flat on the floor. This is essential to ensure the barrel adjusts easily. Use a spirit level and fine tune with the adjustable feet until flat in both planes. The equipment is only suitable for indoor use on a level floor.
Congratulations! You have now completed the assembly of your Align-Pilates Ladder Barrel. Before first use please read the below information on proper use and safety.
Essential Usage Information
- If you are not personally qualified to use the Ladder Barrel seek training from a qualified Pilates Professional before use.
- To move the position of the the barrel, lift up both quick release Rapid Change levers and then slide the barrel forward or backward, ideally pulling or pushing from a central position on the barrel. Once you have selected your position fully close the quick release Rapid Change levers and make sure the barrel is secure. If the barrel is not secure when the lever is closed then open quick release Rapid Change levers again rotate one or two turns to tighten the internal bolt and then close them again. Always check that the quick release Rapid Change levers are in the down position and that the barrel is secure before use or an accident could happen.
- To maintain safe operation of the equipment, it is essential to regularly check all bolts are tight & the equipment is functioning correctly. For the first few times check the ladder barrel after each use to ensure all bolts are tight. Then check all nuts and bolts are tight as part of your weekly maintenance schedule. We recommend keeping a record of your maintenance schedule – sample sheets are available from Align-Pilates.com
- If the equipment is not functioning correctly or, spare parts are required then be sure to put the machine Out of Service so it cannot be used until repaired.
- Upholstery must be properly cared for – do not use chemical sprays or industrial soaps. We recommend alcohol free Gymwipes from Vital Clean to avoid damaging your upholstery. See the details at www.vital-clean.de. Contact email@example.com for your local distributor
- The wheels provided at the rear of the frame are specifically designed to help move the Ladder Barrel around in normal studio use and are not intended for any other purpose.
- The Ladder Barrel is suitable for a maximum user weight of 150kg – do not exceed.
- The Ladder Barrel is only to be used indoors for recognised Pilates repertoire.
- This equipment is not a toy and children should not be allowed to use the equipment, except under the supervision of a suitably qualified Pilates professional.
Align-Pilates™ Limited Lifetime Warranty
Terms of Limited Lifetime Warranty
Align-Pilates offers the following limited lifetime warranty, for the periods as stated below from the date of purchase, to the original owner of their products, upon presentation of an original invoice in their name. The warranty is a Light Commercial Warranty allowing for a maximum usage of 27.5 hours per week.
Align-Pilates will repair or replace any mechanical part that malfunctions due to defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period. The warranty excludes normal wear and tear, damage due to negligence or misuse, abuse, modification or unauthorized repair; scratches to the finish, and tears or indents in the upholstery. Align-Pilates will, at its discretion, repair or replace any parts deemed defective during the warranty period. If we opt to repair or replace your apparatus, this may require that your product is returned for inspection at our premises prior to sending out replacement apparatus. Parts repaired or replaced under the terms of this warranty will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period only. This warranty does not cover shipping charges, customs clearance fees (where applicable) or any costs incurred in installing repaired or replacement parts shipped under the provisions of this warranty.
Duration of Limited Warranty
- Metal Frames & welded components: 10 year warranty
- Wooden Frames, Gear bar and foot bar mechanisms: 5 year warranty. Wooden frames must not be positioned next to convection radiators or air conditioning units.
- Other non-wear and tear components: 2 year warranty
- Upholstery: The upholstery fabric on Align-Pilates equipment will be replaced if it fails to give normal wear for 90 days from the date of delivery. Proof of damage may be required. This warranty does not cover cuts, scratches, burns, stains, soiling, or damages caused by unreasonable use such as wearing jewellery or inappropriate clothing whilst using the equipment. Align-Pilates reserves the right to substitute an equivalent fabric if an identical fabric is not available. Upholstery must be properly cared for – do not use chemical sprays or industrial soaps. We recommend Gymwipes from Vital clean to avoid damaging your upholstery.
Warranty Return Procedure
The customer must call Align-Pilates or its authorized Distributor for authorization prior to returning the equipment. The customer is responsible for the cost of returning products to Align-Pilates (or their appointed Distributor) for warranty adjustment should this be deemed necessary. The customer is responsible for any damage or loss during shipment back to Align-Pilates (or their appointed Distributor). The customer is responsible for the cost of return freight to them in the event Align-Pilates decline to make a warranty adjustment. Align-Pilates do not accept responsibility for any items returned without a pre-approved authorization number, which must be clearly marked on the outside of the package.
Limitation of Liability
The above is our exclusive warranty and is in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for any purpose. In no event shall Align-Pilates or their Distributors be liable for incidental, consequential or punitive damages.
Items that may not be returned: Reformers, Cadillacs, Half Cadillacs, Wall Units, Ladder Barrels, Chairs, Mat Convertors & Springs.
This warranty is issued by Align-Pilates Equipment Ltd, 430 Enterprise Way, Vale Park, Evesham, Worcs WR11 1AD, UK. Tel: + 44 1386 425920. www.align-pilates.com